– Become a Member-
Our mission is to foster economic growth and opportunity in the Johnston community and the Greater Des Moines region by serving as an advocate for smart development, providing the latest Johnston development news and insights, and promoting opportunities to those in the real estate development and business
Individuals and business representatives of the Johnston community are encouraged to become investors, not only to promote economic growth in the Johnston community through participation in our organization, but also to take advantage of the promotional opportunities we provide to our investors.
As well as being a source of advocacy and information about local development projects for our investors, we also actively work to promote their projects and properties through our website, Twitter feed and monthly newsletter. We also assist parties seeking advice about development strategies and connect people seeking development opportunities in Johnston and Northwest Polk County. Additionally, because investors range from brokers to contractors and more, we’re
able to offer valuable networking opportunities through our active and annual events.
Additional benefits to investors are included depending on which of the six membership options you choose.
As the City of Johnston invests in more growth opportunities, the Johnston Economic Development Corporation will continue to be a resource for those in the development community, serving as an advocate for smart development, providing the latest Johnston development news and insights, and promoting opportunities to those in the real estate development and business communities. In order to do so effectively, JEDCO is introducing a new membership dues structure in 2019.
We’ve revamped our program to ensure that we are engaged in marketing and communications activities that will help YOU. Shifting to an investment-based model, the new JEDCO dues structure will offer more opportunities for members to promote their projects and properties through our website, Twitter feed and monthly newsletter. Additional benefits to investors are included depending on which of the six membership options you choose. The new structure also allows for a-la-carte sponsorship opportunities for members to further promote their business and assist in efforts to promote growth in Johnston. Here’s how:
- The “GrowJohnston.com” web site– a timely source of information about development opportunities in Johnston – has been updated and is better than ever. All our members are proudly displayed on this site with link links to each company’s web site (logos coming in 2019).
- Our members are also listed in our annual economic development guide – published in conjunction with our annual fall bus tour – and are listed in our advertisement in the Johnston Chamber of Commerce Member Directory and Community Guide.
- For our member investors, full page advertisements are provided in the annual economic development guide for each company and for each company’s Johnston-based projects.
- Our member investors can also take advantage of a prominently displayed promotional advertisement on the front page of our growjohnston.com web site. The ads are displayed for a full-week and are rotated throughout the year.
- If you aren’t following our Twitter feed – @growjohnston – you should. It is the timeliest source of breaking development news in the Johnston area. Plus, our member investors received up to 20 promotional posts in our Twitter feed at no additional cost.
- JEDCO will publish up to two feature stories about or for a member in our growjohnston.com blog. See a great example here.
- In 2018 we placed monthly promotional advertisements in the Business Record, some of which featured a member investor as a co-sponsor. There will be more cooperative sponsorship opportunities in 2019, including sponsorships at our various events.
Of course, there are some things that won’t change – they’ll just get better. For example, our annual events will continue to offer the opportunity to network with others in the development community and to learn about the newest local projects. (We love it when deals happen while bringing people together at our events.) Also, we’ve historically had a great list of speakers who have presented at our annual development forum, and this year will be no different.
Perhaps most importantly, JEDCO has been a reliable, consistent advocate for development in Johnston, Northwest Polk County and Greater Des Moines. Everyone who has a business or project in our area has an advocate working behind the scenes to create a positive development environment – an important role that isn’t always apparent. We have a solid relationship with the community development team at the City of Johnston, and we collaborate with them frequently. Becoming a member investor will help us become an even better and stronger advocate for success in the City of Johnston.
If you support our mission and wish to take advantage of our renewed focus on marketing and promotion, please consider investing in JEDCO. More information is provided on our “Become a Member” page, where you’ll find the 2019 Investor Packet as well as an Investor Application Form.
Do you have questions or want to talk? To set up an appointment, please reach out via email to email@example.com or call us at (515) 564-6547.
– Take a Virtual Tour of Johnston –
Thrive in Johnston
Take an aerial tour of Johnston’s most sought-after sites, recent development projects, and newest residences. From growth in resident numbers to new annexed land, there are so many new and exciting opportunities to get involved in for small and large businesses alike.
Want more information?
Look through JEDCO’s 2019 Economic Development Guide for information about the different geographic areas of Johnston and the various projects and opportunities available to get involved in. Plus, hear what experts in the development community recommend for a smooth process.